Independent Music Video Awards
The Independent Music Awards are based on music videos entered for judging in various presentation and technical categories. The key Rules and Conditions are detailed below.
IMVA Terms and Conditions
01. Name – The presentation is based on judging competiting entries and is termed the Independent Music Video Awards.
02. Closing Date – All entries must be received no later than the closing date of 30 September 2015.
03. Organizer – The Independent Music Video Awards are devised, organized, coordinated and presented by the Australian Independent Music Association Inc, a non-profit organization based in Australia.
04. Entrants – Entry is open to all. The entrant does not need to be the performer, director or producer of the music video entered. Contest judges, organisers and employees of sponsors or their agents are ineligible to enter.
05. Independent – Music Videos must be produced independently of financing from a recording label. That is, funding and ownership of the music video must be from other sources, such as the performer, supporters, education institutions, friends, the video/film maker, etc. Crowdfunding is acceptable as independent for nomination in these Awards.
06. Entry Theme - Compositions are open to all videos that have predominantly music backing with preference towards videos made specifically to promote this same music and are unanimously recognised as being a music video by competition judges.
07. Accuracy – Accuracy of entry information is entirely the responsibility of the entrant. Competition organisers, judges and sponsors cannot be held responsible for omissions or inaccuracies.
08. Entry Fee – An application fee of $20 per entry must accompany each music video submitted. Applications without this fee will be disqualified. Cheques must be made to “Australian Independent Music Association” the administrator of the awards. 1 cheque for multiple entries accepted. Application fees contribute to the administrative and production cost of this competition.
09. Copyright – Copyright of submitted materials remain the property of the original music video owner(s). Entrants indemnify the Competition organisers against any claim or loss resulting from non-compliance with copyright laws.
10. Promotional Use – By entering, the entrant agrees that entry materials may be used by the Australian Independent Music Video Awards for promotional purposes. This may include placing samples of the music video on the organiser’s and other websites, production of promotional compilation DVDs and public broadcast at competition screenings and awards.
11. Judging – All entries will be rendered anonymous and numbered prior to judging. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into subsequent to announcement of final awards. The organisers & judges reserve the right to disqualify entries that do not comply with these Rules & Conditions.
12. Notification Of Results – All entrants will be notified of competition results in writing by 30 September to the email or facsimile address supplied.
13. Languages – Music videos can be submitted in any language.
14. Technical Requirements – Music videos can be sent via webpage hyperlinks at youtube.com and vimeo.com or in physical electronic format as Digital Versatile Disk / Digital Video Disk of the PAL format this being physically a 12cm diameter optical disc of 4.7 GB layer or on USB. At this time the following formats are not acceptable: Blu-ray, Fluorescent or Digital Multilayer, High-Definition, Holographic, 3D optical, Ultra Density Optical, AVCHD, Enhanced Versatile Disc (EVD), Forward Versatile Disc (FVD), PDD ProDATA or LS-R.
15. Number of Entries – There is no limit to number of nomination entries that may be submitted, with the provision of one entry and entry fee per application form whether online or physical PDF formats. Please do not put more than one nomination entry on each entry form.
16. Return Of Entries – Nominated material will not be returned. Music videos will be destroyed after the competition concludes, with the sole exception being entries retained for promotional purposes.
17. Missing Entries – The organisers take no responsibility for entries misdirected, lost, stolen or not received.
18. Required Entry Materials: (i) Video Recordings: either as webpage hyperlink address in youtube.com or vimeo.com OR in DVD/MP4/MOV/AVI formats – multiple music video files per DVD/USB are allowed. Each music video must not exceed 10 minutes in duration. The disc non-playing surface/USB must clearly state Title, Performer, Time Duration, Contact Telephone (ii) Entry Fee $20 per music video. (iii) Completed Application Form.
IMVA15 NOMINATIONS OPEN UNTIL 30 SEPTEMBER 2015!
DOWNLOAD PDF TO COMPLETE AND POST/EMAIL HERE
OR COMPLETE NOMINATION FORM ONLINE BELOW